Before I started a mindful eating, I was so so in “bad” sweets and desserts. It seems I had at least one dessert every day and I had a desire for sugar very often. But as soon as I started to eat and cook properly, I have lost the interest in unhealthy sugar, what happened quite naturally without any effort. Now I start my day with a healthy sweet breakfast and end my day with a light fruit like an apple and these are all the sweets, that I have per day of my mindful choice.
But recently my interest in sweet healthy breakfast ideas became as a challenge together with my instagram movement, which I called healthy breakfast marathon. I was cooking every day something interesting and mostly sweet for breakfast, but in fact I have never cooked any muffins.
I have never been a muffin person, but week before one sweet lady requested for a personal meal plan based on my recipes, and she asked me to include a recipe for healthy muffins specially for her.
It is so great to be a personal recipes “tailor”. Every morning for last 4 days I am cooking various muffins to discover few great recipes. Here I come to you with this nice recipe and it seems I am becoming a muffin lover as well :))
I was always saying that not only my clients learn things from me, but I do learn some things from them as well quite often! And this recipe for chocolate muffins is kind of proof.
And what do you want me to create specially for you, my dear reader?
COURSE: Breakfast, Dessert
CUISINE: Plant-based, Vegan, Gluten-free
PREP TIME: 10 min
COOKING TIME: 30 min
SERVINGS: 3 (6 muffins)
CALORIES per serving (2 muffins): calories 368 (carbs 59 g, protein 10 g, fats 12 g)
Oat flour – 100 g
Almond flour – 4 tbsp
Banana – 2 small (~200 g)
Chocolate pieces – 20 g
Cacao – 2 tbsp
Lemon juice – 2 tbsp (orange juice as alternative)
Lemon zest – 1 tbsp (orange zest)
Maple syrup – 3 tbsp
Coconut oil – 1 tsp
Salt – pinch
Baking powder – 2 tsp
Water – 100 ml
Lavender – 1 tsp
Cascara – 5 g (grind)
- Grind wholegrain oat flakes in food processor to make the flour, in case you do not have oat flour at home. Place flour in a bowl and add cacao powder, almond flour and salt. Mix them together.
- Add banana, lemon juice and mash it together with flour mix.
- Add the rest of ingredients and mix it well together.
- Grease the muffin form with 1 tsp of coconut oil and split your dough into 6 sections equally.
- Place muffin form in the pre-heated to 180° oven and bake your muffins total for 25-30 min. Grease the top of the each muffin with pastry brush after 15 min of baking process been started. Continue cooking until it’s ready.