This porridge is my latest discovery and your best morning option, no doubts. Might not very appealing, but very healthy, nutritious and especially quick in cooking. Great for gut health, low in carbs, high in omega-3 and fiber. Worth to try!
CUISINE: Plant-based, Vegan, Gluten-free
COOKING TIME: 10 min
CALORIES per serving: 390 calories (26 g carbs, 14 g protein, 31 g fats)
INGREDIENTS/ 1 serving:
flaxseeds, grind – 40 g (4 tbsp)
hemp seeds – 10 g (1 tbsp)
honey or syrup – 1 tsp
hot water – 150 ml
cinnamon – 1/4 tsp
berries – 2 handfuls (dried fruits as an option)
for milk (rather cream):
pine nuts – 2 tbsp
vanilla extract – 1/2 tsp
water – 100 ml
salt – 1 pinch
- Blend all ingredients for the milk in high speed blender during 40-60 seconds. Put aside.
1. Blend flaxseeds in high speed blender or food processor for 10 seconds to make the flour. Skip the step if you use already grind flaxseeds.
2. Mix grind flaxseeds with hemps seeds, cinnamon and sweetener. Pour hot water and stir well together.
3. Pour over pine milk and stir all well until smooth.
4. Serve with berries or dried fruits.
This delicious and healthy breakfast doesn’t take more than 10 minutes. If you are short in time in the morning, you can also make it overnight by mixing all ingredients together and keeping in the fridge over night or at least 30 minutes at room temperature before eating. In this case you can even use warm water instead of boiled.