Do you like cauliflower? I guess you do if you are reading my post. Or as my dad used to joke about food he loves: “I hate it, and thats why I eliminate it around me.” I hope this is not your case.
I like cauliflower and coconut a lot, but I usually feel a bit stumble when I think about what I can make so special with cauliflower. And here is the idea for you how to make cauliflower dish unusual in combination with coconut. Quite simple way to make your lunch special or to impress your date by cooking this set.
I am not going to tell you about nutritional advantages of these products this time 🙂 They are good for your nutrition for sure, dont hesitate. Just enjoy the cooking process and listen to the “Put a lime in a coconut” 🎶.
There is never too much cauliflower or too much coconut dish for me, even when there are two of them as a set.
You can cook and serve them together or consider each as a separate, as you wish.
COURSE: Lunch and Snack
CUISINE: Plant-based, Vegan, Gluten-free
PREP TIME: 15 min
COOKING TIME: 40 min
SERVINGS: 4 (4 medium cup of the soup and 4 muffins 5-7 cm in diameter)
muffin: 113 kcal (carbs 11g, protein 4,2g, fat 6,7g)
soup: 200 kcal (carbs 19g, protein 5,4g, fat 13g)
Flaxseed ground – 5 tbsp
Coconut flour – 5 tbsp
* you can blend whole flaxseeds and coconut pieces into flour, if you dont flour of these products at home
Plant-based milk (unsweetened) – 150 ml
Cauliflower – 200 g
Coconut oil – 1 tsp (or any other vegetable oil)
Salt – 1/3 tsp
Pepper – by taste
CAULIFLOWER-COCONUT SOUP WITH LIME
Cauliflower – 1 medium head (±550 g)
Parsnip – 1 medium (±200 g)
Vegetable broth – 400 ml (use water as alternative and to add to your soup if you like more thin soup)
Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp (hempseed or pumpkin is my choice)
Coconut milk (canned) – 4 tbsp
Lime juice – 4 tbsp (for the soup)
Lime juice and zest – for drizzling over cooked dish
Cilantro fresh (coriander) – for serving
Hempseeds (shelled) – 3 tbsp *optional
Cumin – 1 tsp
Coriander ground – 1/4 tsp *optional
Salt and pepper – by taste
- Pre-heat your oven at 180°C.
PREP for the muffins:
- Blend ground flaxseeds with milk, salt an pepper;
- Add coconut flour and cauliflower to the mass an continue blending all together until smooth;
- Place the mass in the muffin baking forms;
PREP for the soup:
- Split cauliflower into pieces, cut parsnip and drizzle over with an oil.
- Place on the baking tray;
2. Place baking tray with veggies and muffin forms in the oven for 30 min.
After 30 min muffins are ready.
For the soup:
6. Bring to a boil vegetable broth. Put oven-roasted vegetables in the broth and boil for 5-7 min. Blend it with hand blender.
7. Add lime juice, coconut milk and spices to the pureed soup. Mix all together.
Serve soup with cut cilantro, hempseeds, lime zest with lime juice drops on top and muffin on aside.
Enjoy your C-C day! 🙂