Christmas is coming and it is time to prepare your gifts. If you find that you run out of the gifts and you don’t want to spend plenty of time in shopping malls and huge lines or you just love to present hand-made gifts, then shake your kitchen shelves and make beautiful and tasty truffles for your loved ones.
I will share with you two sweet and savory truffle examples what I made from everything I found in abundance in my kitchen. But again, be creative here and use different ingredients and I promise the result will be awesome!
I think you have already noticed that I love bites. I usually take some snacks with me, so I always can have some healthy bites on my way. These recipes of healthy bites are also good for all year around, not only for gifts or festive table, but also for treating yourself well in 2018.
CUISINE: Plant-based, Vegan, Raw
PREP TIME: 1 hour
COOKING TIME: 30 min
CALORIES: we don’t count during holidays! 🙂
SWEET GINGER BITES
Almond nuts – 1 cup *you can use any other nuts and also seeds: cashews, hazelnuts, pumpkin seed;
Dried figs – 1 cup *as alternative: dates, dried apricots, goji and other dried berries;
Dried ginger – 3 handfuls
Chia seeds – 5 tbsp
Hempseeds – 1 small cup
Cacao powder – 1 small cup
Cinnamon – 1 small cup
- Soak all hard ingredients: nuts, dried fruits, seeds in the water for 1-2 hours to make it easier to grind in food processor.
- Grind pre-soaked nuts and seeds in food processor.
- Add all dried fruits and berries and grind all together. If you feel that the mix is too dry, then add a bit of water.
- Mix in chia seeds with your hands and leave it to soak for 5 min.
- Roll a small balls and cover with hempseeds, cacao, cinnamon. Sesame seeds and coconut is also very good option.
Dried ginger can be replaced with fresh one, but reduce the amount till few cubes. I like it in sweet truffles since it making sweet bite a bit spicy.
Oat flakes – 1 cup
Quinoa – 1 cup
Sun-dried tomatoes – 1 cup
*any seeds as an option – 1/2 cup
Water – 1 cup
Vegetable oil – 1 tbsp (any of your choice)
Herbs – 1 tsp (any by taste: oregano, rosemary, basil)
Herbs – 1 small cup (for covering)
- Soak seeds and sun-dried tomatoes in the water for 1-2 hours to make it easier to grind in food processor.
- Grind oat flakes, quinoa and herbs in food processor. Add pre-soaked sun-dried tomatoes, 1/2 cup of water blended with 1 tbsp of vegetable oil and continue grind until it is sticky enough to roll a balls.
- If you feel it is still quite dry, add more water. Regulate water amount by feeling.
- Make a small balls with your hands and cover with herbs or even sesame seeds or hempseeds will suit well.
Bites are ready!
Packing gifts is another pleasant process I really enjoy. I have some ideas shown in the video, but you don’t have to limit yourself with this way. Any your imagination can be realised, express yourself and enjoy the moment.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, lovely people!
Be healthy in 2018!